1. Teams: Every team member must submit a Race Management Dragon Boat Festival (DBF) waiver form before getting onto a boat. Each team member agrees to waive any claims against Dynamic Dragon Boat Racing LLC and Habitat for Humanity of Marshall County Alabama that may arise from personal injury or death or damage to personal property caused by participation in Dragon Boat practices or races. It is the responsibility of the Team Captain to return signed waiver forms to Habitat for Humanity of Marshall County B Management prior to Team’s first practice. (Complete Waiver Here)
2. Cancellation: If Team chooses to cancel this contract 30 days prior of said race it shall be refunded its deposit less a $200 service fee. If Team cancels for any reason less than 30 days prior to the race, then team will not be entitled to any refund.
3. Fulfillment of Contract: Race is a rain or shine event; however, should the event be cancelled for any reason except natural acts of God, Management will be obligated to refund only monies received from Team which will release Management from any claims or damage from the Team.
4. Team Sponsorship: Management retains all rights to advertising, sponsorship and commercial representation for the event. Management is under no obligation to individual Team sponsors, and may refuse any commercial representation on the HDBF site and on the water venue. Management will not be responsible for any team’s representation of their organization. Representation of the organization responsible for the Team and its sponsor(s) shall be limited to: a) clothing such as team uniforms (t-shirts, sweat suits, hats, head bands, athletic bags); b) one team flag not exceeding six feet in any direction (team flags are not allowed in dragon boats); c) other items deemed appropriate by Management.
5. Race Conduct: All team members agree to follow the race conduct rules set forth in team captain materials by Management.
6. Paddlers and Alternates: Teams may race with anyone age 14 and up. Only four (4) alternates are allowed per team. Using additional alternates will cause your team to forfeit. The drummer must weigh 160 pounds or less.
7. Sound Devices: Devices including radios, electronic signaling devices, bullhorns, air horns, whistles, generators with a decibel rating over 65dBA and other noisemaking devices are prohibited. Drummer can only use provided drumsticks and their voices to direct team members.
8. Right to Likeness: Management has the right to use your likeness in any video, newsprint, or other media to promote the race.
9. Equipment: Team will be provided access to one dragon boat, paddles, life flotation devices and one coach/steersperson for one 60-minute practice prior to race day and on race day. Teams may use only race equipment provided by management.
10. Storage: Teams shall take full responsibility for any and all personal belongings and other material left in the team area. Management is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged articles. Team Space Removal: Team agrees to completely dismantle and remove all material and decorations from their team space. Team also agrees to return space back to the same condition it was received by team by 7 p.m. on day of race.
11. Alabama Law: This agreement shall be governed by and be construed according to the laws of the State of Alabama.
12. Attorney’s Fees: Team agrees that if any legal action is taken to enforce any of the above regulations the prevailing party shall be entitled to reimbursement of reasonable attorney’s fees.